Dr. Walter A. Campbell, DAOM
Physicians of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Inc. was founded by Dr. Walter Campbell, DAOM , a skilled acupuncturist and oriental herbalist who specialized in Gynecology and Oncology while studying in Hangzhou, China. Acknowledged as an accomplished researcher of oriental and homeopathic treatments, he has developed several unique products and formulations for use in his clinical practice. Dr. Campbell is currently pursuing his PhD in Integrated Western and Traditional Chinese Medicine at Zhejiang University in Hangzhou, China.
He attained his Doctorate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM) at Five Branches University of Oriental Medicine, San Jose, California through a cooperative effort between Five Branches University, Zhejiang University in China and Stanford College of Medicine, San Jose, California. His experience with integrating Western Nutritional Theory and Traditional Chinese Medicine in the treatment of Diabetes is discussed on his website, healthforflightcrews.com, and he has had noted success in the remission of visual Impairment in patients diagnosed with Retinitis Pigmentosa.
In his diverse clinical practice, Dr. Campbell uses both Western and Eastern diagnostic tools to make his medical evaluations and diagnoses, giving his patients the benefits of both worlds. He uses Eastern methods of diagnosis such as pulse reading and tongue observation, and incorporates Western diagnostic tools such as laboratory tests and imaging reports into his assessments.
Dr. Campbell employs both conventional and alternative lab tests for evaluating gastrointestinal health, hormone levels, food and environmental allergies, and adrenal and liver functions, and has chosen to expand his holistic healthcare practice with a wide range of modalities. His treatments may therefore also include ionic cleansing, heat therapy, herbal formulas, nutritional supplements, as well as diet and lifestyle counseling. During the first visit, each patient receives a personalized evaluation detailing Eastern and Western diagnosis, appropriate modalities for treatment, and measures for self-care.
Dr. Campbell has conducted extensive research into health issues affecting commercial airline Flight Crews. His website healthforflightcrews.com contains some interesting research reports, including his paper on “The progression of yin deficiency (dry) syndromes in flight crews exposed to dry cabin air for prolonged periods”.
Walter A. Campbell, DAOM
940 South Federal Highway, Hollywood, FL 33020
Office: (305) 760-2414
Cell: (305) 772-7795
Email: [email protected]
Digital Card: ptcm.123look.com
Summary of Qualifications:
- Physician executive versed in clinical management and evidence-based practice
- Nationally known expert in Oriental herbology and acupuncture
- Accomplished educator adept at training both clinical and non-clinical audiences
- Initiator and implementer who consistently develops new protocols for treating common debilitating health conditions.
- Physician of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture, Florida
- The remission of Visual Impairment in persons diagnosed with Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Treatment and amelioration of Fibrocystic Breast Disease
- Oncology, Gynecology, Internal Medicine, Diabetes Mellitus
- Integration of Western Nutritional Theory and Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Formulation and implementation of revolutionary Skin and Hair Care products
- Targeted treatment of asthma and other respiratory ailments in Airline in-flight personnel (see HealthForFlightCrews.com, Flight Crew Yin Deficiency)
- 2000 to Present: Physicians of Traditional Chinese Medicine Inc.
Miami Beach and North Miami Beach, Florida
Founder and Chief Physician
- 2011 to 2015: Acupuncture and Massage College of Oriental Medicine (AMC) Miami, FL
Instructor of Acupuncture; directed students and attended patients in the Acupuncture Clinic, developed and taught classes in Nutrition.
- 1970 to 1995: Pan American Airlines and National Airlines Miami, FL
Special Projects Supervisor, International In-flight Supervisor, Flight Attendant.
- 1970 to 1990: Professional Photographer, Teacher, Youth Counselor.
- 2006 to 2008: Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
Five Branches University, College of Traditional
Chinese Medicine - San Jose, CA
Zhejiang Chinese Medical University - Hangzhou, China
- 1996 to 2001: Masters in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
Diplomate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
Southeastern College of Oriental Medicine, Miami
(now the Acupuncture & Massage College)
- 1967 to 1970: B.A. in Psychology
University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
Research: 1969 and 1970
Teaching Methodologies for Autistic Children
Shands Teaching Hospital, University of Florida
Environmental Consequences of Nuclear Discharge into Streams
Dr.William Carr, University of Florida
Comparative Behavior between Phylum Dr. Jeffery Bitterman, University of S. Florida